Ethan’s read-aloud radio show that is being aired today at CHOC Children’s Hospital — check it out! #StorytimeWithEthanandChoco #SevenSillyEaters #ECBC #ReadThinkThrive #ThriveAgainstCancer #StayStrongAndReadOn
Here’s today’s storytime with Ethan & Choco that was aired at CHOC Children’s Hospital’s radio today and broadcasted in patient rooms. This is a terrific little story — please share with young viewers who might be interested! #StorytimeWithEthanandChoco #CleverJack #ECBC #ReadThinkThrive #ThriveAgainstCancer #StayStrongAndReadOn
Check out Ethan’s read-aloud that was aired today at CHOC Children’s Hospital! #StorytimeWithEthanandChoco #One #ECBC #ReadThinkThrive #ThriveAgainstCancer #StayStrongAndReadOn
Today’s Storytime with Ethan & Choco, being aired today in patient rooms via CHOC’s radio station! Featuring one of Ethan’s favorite Elephant & Piggie books — There is a Bird on Your Head! Click on the image below to enjoy a funny story! #StorytimeWithEthanandChoco #ElephantAndPiggie #ECBC #ReadThinkThrive #ThriveAgainstCancer #StayStrongAndReadOn
Today’s Storytime with Ethan & Choco — created for CHOC Children’s Hospital’s radio station. Please share with whoever else might enjoy a great story! This is a classic that is one of our family’s favorites!! #StorytimeWithEthanandChoco #DrDeSoto #ECBC #ReadThinkThrive #ThriveAgainstCancer #StayStrongAndReadOn
Here’s today’s Storytime with Ethan & Choco for CHOC patients, and whoever else might enjoy!
Hi Ethan & Choco’s Book Club friends and supporters! Just a quick update from ECBC… CHOC halted all of our programs about two weeks ago due to the Coronavirus outbreak, since our programs all depend on our volunteers visiting the hospital. So, Ethan decided to create a read-aloud show (pre-recorded from home) where he shares his favorite children’s literature — to be broadcasted in patient rooms by Seacrest Studios (CHOC’s radio station). This way, ECBC can still bring high-quality read-aloud to hospitalized kids, and kids can still receive regular read-alouds that help them to escape, think, and thrive through treatment! Today, Seacrest Studios aired the first show! ECBC supporters, please share with your own kids if they are interested in listening to a good story! #StorytimeWithEthanandChoco #VisitorForBear #ECBC #ReadThinkThrive #ThriveAgainstCancer #StayStrongAndReadOn
Happy New Year from ECBC! Slowly but surely, we are adding rich literature and read aloud experiences to the landscape of children’s lives at CHOC Children’s Hospital. With the support of our community in 2020, we plan to:
- Expand our Bedside Reading program so that it grows from two days a week and one floor to three or four days a week and multiple floors, This would bring us a step closer towards our goal of offering high-quality read-aloud experiences to every patient every day they are in the hospital (which would meet the recommendations of the American Academy of Pediatrics of fifteen minutes per day of reading — a practice that hospitalized kids, especially those battling life-threatening illness and not in school, so very need).
- Maintain our Mobile Book Cart program that provides new books to patients in isolation, also expanding to more days and more floors so that more patients have access to books.
- Improve the Read+Think+Thrive Book Bag (from “box”) program so that (a) items are gifted in canvas bags rather than cardboard boxes (more functional, more sanitary); (b) book bags are more systemically reaching all new cancer diagnoses at CHOC; and (c) book bags reach more oncology patients beyond CHOC, such as at another children’s hospital in California or by online referral for kids diagnosed with cancer around the country.
- Continue our book give-away events at CHOC, including our monthly Super Book Give Aways in the hospital lobby with MaxLove Project and our monthly deliveries to the Outpatient Infusion Center, as well as our special book gifting events including BOO-KS for Treats on Halloween and books and story time for CHOC patients living at Miracles for Kids’ Miracle Manor
- Launch Teens Thrive Reading Group, a new virtual book club for teens battling cancer, where teen patients read a featured book of the month and participate in an online book chat. Teens will receive an “entry book” in the hospital, and thereafter participating members will receive Kindle e-readers and monthly e-books. The goal is to build the program at CHOC and then expand to include teen oncology patients throughout the U.S.
- Develop additional ways to further enrich patients’ lives at CHOC through books and reading. Additional plans for 2020 include creating a Book Nook in the oncology playroom with access to high-quality books, volunteer-led story times and book-inspired crafting activities; hosting mini workshop sessions for CHOC parents with tips on reading aloud with their kids through treatment; and producing a radio show at CHOC’s Seacrest studios with read-alouds and literary-themed contests that are broadcasted in patient rooms.
The overall goal that underlies all that ECBC does is to help hospitalized kids thrive through treatment with high-quality books and literature-rich experiences. THANK YOU to our AWESOME community for being a vital part of our efforts! To support the needs of ECBC’s growing programs and help ECBC get off to a good start in 2020, you can:
- Make a one-time or recurring monetary donation to ECBC. Click HERE
- Purchase books from one of our wish lists on Amazon. Click HERE.
- Plan to participate in BOOK IT 2020 on September 7, 2020 in Irvine — either as a walker/runner or as a sponsor. Please contact Fenny (email@example.com) to learn more about sponsorship opportunities.
- Support ECBC while shopping on Amazon! Go to https://smile.amazon.com/ and select Ethan & Choco’s Book Club as the benefiting charity, or use this link which is already set up to support ECBC: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/83-2934289