It’s that time of year for Ethan & Choco’s Book Club to do our annual fundraising push. We wish it could be through our in-person charity run and book drive. However, due to the ongoing uncertainty around potential Covid-19 restrictions at the time that event decisions had to be made, ECBC will not be hosting our in-person event again this year. We are, however, conducting the virtual fundraising and book drive component of BOOK IT, which we hope will receive a strong response so that ECBC can continue to sustain and grow its book and reading programs at CHOC Children’s Hospital.
We need your support now more than ever! Our costs are way up (since outgoing book donations actually increased during Covid), while incoming book donations have been way down over the past year and a half. We are aiming to raise enough funds to get us to September 2022, when we are hoping to host a full BOOK IT with a return of our in-person charity runs, book drive, and celebration of thrivership against cancer through books and reading!
Here are five ways you can support the BOOK IT 2021 virtual fundraiser:
- Make a monetary donation online at www.runsignup.com/BOOKIT2021
- Become a “fundraiser”, with your own fundraiser name, monetary goal, and unique URL that can be used to send people directly to your fundraiser page. Click here to set up your fundraising page.
- Donate a book directly. Click here to access the BOOK IT 2021 Amazon Wish List. To send the book(s) directly to ECBC, use this address: 11576 Heathcliff Drive, Santa Ana CA 92705
- Conduct your own book drive. Share the BOOK IT 2021 Amazon Wish List link (https://a.co/dgc3bwV) with your own family/friends/workplace, ask them to send books purchased off this list to your own address, and deliver the collection of books to ECBC.
- Help us spread the word by sharing the link to the donation site: http://www.runsignup.com/BOOKIT2021.