The schools below have partnered with ECBC to lead school-wide book-raising efforts to help us bring new, high-quality books to hospitalized kids at CHOC Children’s Hospital in Orange County. The schools with a red asteric are current SUPER Thrive Partner Schools who are currently committed to annual/ongoing book-raising for ECBC.
- Arroyo Elementary School *
- Fairmont Private School, North Tustin Campus
- Foothill High School *
- Grace Lutheran School
- Guin Foss Elementary School
- Myford Elementary School
- Peters Canyon Elementary School
- Rossmoor Elementary School
- Tarbut ‘V Torah Community Day School *
We hope that this short list of Thrive Partner Schools will continue to grow. Our goal is to have at least 20 schools supporting ECBC annually, which would provide us with enough new books to support our annual Gifting Library needs (since most school book donations are largely paperback books). PLEASE join us, especially if you are an Orange County school! The two easiest ways to collect books for ECBC are to incorporate bookraising into these two already-existing school practices:
- Hold a new book drive for ECBC as part of your school’s book fair. Click here to access the video on you tube, which can be shared with your students to promote before an upcoming book fair.
- Invite parents to purchase books to donate to ECBC as part of your school’s Scholastic Book Club program. Click here to download a cover letter that can be attached to Scholastic Book Order forms.
Thank you to our select Thrive Partner Schools, as well as to our many more individual classrooms and teachers, who are working with us to make reading part of patients’ everyday care and lives at CHOC Children’s! We appreciate you so much!