BOOK IT! is ECBC’s annual fundraiser, which provides the majority of the funding that supports ECBC’s book and reading programs at CHOC Children’s Hospital. BOOK IT will include a 5K run/walk, a 1K Fun Run, a book drive, and other literary-themed activities with a literary costume contest, authors, book sellers, storytimes, and literary crafting. All participants in either the 1K or 5K walk/run will receive a BOOK IT 2023 t-shirt and finisher medal. Awards will be given for first, second, and third place finishers as well as for costume contest winners. THANK YOU for helping hospitalized kids, especially kids going through cancer and other life-altering treatment, to thrive through treatment and beyond.
WHEN AND WHERE
Date: Monday, September 4 (Labor Day)
Time: 6:30/7:00 – 10:00 AM
Events: 1K Fun Run, 5K Run/Walk, Literary Character Costume Contest
Visit the BOOK IT site to sign up for an event or donate: CLICK HERE.
We still need sponsors at most sponsorship levels! See sponsor packet below:
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS (TENTATIVE)
- 6:30 AM Registration / Check-in Opens
- 7:00 – 10:00 AM Visit Exhibitor Booths and Kids Korner
Donate books and Fund-a-Book at the Handprint Wall
- 7:15 AM Literary Character Costume Contest
- 7:35 AM Warm Up with Master David Clawson of PaKua and CHOCO
- 7:50 AM Ethan’s Welcome
- 7:55 AM National Anthem
- 8:00 AM 1K Fun Run Starts
- 8:30 AM 5K Walk/Run Starts
- 9:15 – 9:45 AM Authors storytime
- 9:45 AM End time for Runners and Walkers on Course
- 9:50 AM Presentation of Medals to Overall Winners and Winning Team
- 10:00 AM Event Ends
In addition to registering to walk/run and donating, other ways you can help include:
- Help us spread the word by sharing the link to our charity run site: runsignup.com/BOOKIT2023
- Create your own fundraising page (online fundraiser) with a monetary goal, or create your own race team to recruit as many team members to join as you can (for the in-person run/walk) on runsignup.com/BOOKIT2023. Race teams are especially great for groups, such as sports teams, philanthropic groups, or community businesses.
- Help recruit potential event sponsors by sharing our sponsor packet (above).
Thank you to all of our donors from the virtual BOOK ITs in 2020-2022, as well as our our event sponsors and partners from our last in-person BOOK IT! in 2019. Your significant support has sustained ECBC’s programs through 2022. We are deeply grateful for your significant support of our cause, and we hope to partner with some of you again for BOOK IT 2023!