Where: Jeffrey Trails Open Space and Middle School (Irvine, CA)
What: 5K/10K/ 1KFunRun and Community Book Drive
Please join us at Ethan & Choco’s Book Club’s (ECBC) 2nd annual charity run, BOOK IT! Racing for Reading for Hospitalized Kids. All proceeds will go to ECBC to support ongoing and upcoming book and reading programs at CHOC Children’s Hospital. Click HERE to view Ethan’s short video plug (2019 video coming soon).
Click HERE to register online.
All participants will receive:
– a chip timed by ItzAboutTime.com
– a custom event t-shirt
– a custom finisher medal
– All-you-can-eat pancake breakfast for $4 or a new book donation (made online or onsite)
– Book Character Costume Contest: Come dressed up as your favorite book character!
– Photo booth
– Bounce house
– Books available to purchase for donation
– Medals for top finishers in each age division
– Team competition: Join an existing team or create your own! Teams must have a minimum of 5 participants to be included in the team competition
To support BOOK IT 2019, you can:
- Help us spread the word by sharing the link to the race registration site (www.runsignup.com/runreadthrive) or by sharing our electronic BOOK IT! flyer (CLICK HERE).
- Donate online. Click HERE to donate online via the race registration site! $20 provides a new hardcover book for ECBC’s Lending Library, and $100 provides a Read+Think+Thrive Box for a new cancer diagnosis at CHOC Children’s.
- Be an event sponsor. We need a title sponsor as well as sponsors at all levels. CLICK HERE to download and print the BOOK IT! sponsor form.
Please contact ECBC for more information about potential sponsorship opportunities.
A HUGE THANK YOU TO KIDS READ! AND BARRY ACKERMAN FOR THEIR SIGNIFICANT SUPPORT IN COORDINATING THIS EVENT.