ECBC will not be hosting our annual in-person fundraising event again this year. Continued uncertainty regarding Covid-19 at the time that event decisions had to be made, along with significant upfront event costs, posed too great a risk for our tiny nonprofit. We are, however, conducting a virtual run and book drive — and WE NEED YOUR HELP MORE THAN EVER!
Please support BOOK IT 2022 by participating in our RUN 5 DONATE 5 NOMINATE 5 Challenge! It’s super simple and involves these 3 steps:
- RUN 5! Run, walk, cycle, or swim 5 miles, kilometers, or minutes.
- DONATE 5! Donate 5 of something that we need for our various book and reading programs at CHOC, such as 5 books, book bags, Kindles, or months of book cart re-stocking. Donate and select donation level at www.runsignup.com/BOOKIT2022.
- NOMINATE 5! After running 5 and donating 5, take a photo of yourself with a children’s book. Share it on social media, tag 5 people, and ask them to do these same 3 steps. Include the above link to the donation site and #BOOKIT2022 with your post.
Other ways you can help include:
- Help us spread the word by sharing the link to our donation site OR by sharing the digital file below — by text/email/social media or you can print hard copies.
- Create your own fundraising page on runsignup.com/BOOKIT2022. This will give you a unique URL to share to your community so that they donate directly to your page. This is especially great for groups, such as sports teams, philanthropic groups, or community businesses.
- Donate a book directly. Click HERE to access the BOOK IT 2021 Amazon Wish List.
Digital/printable BOOK IT 2022 flyer to share:
THANK YOU for helping kids thrive through treatment with high-quality books and reading experiences!
SAVE THE DATE! SEPTEMBER 4 2023! THANK YOU for BOOKing IT with ECBC to support cognitive health and thrivership through books and reading at CHOC Children’s Hospital! BOOK IT! will return next year with our onsite walk/run events, community book drive, and literary costume contest. Mark your calendars!
Thank you to all of our donors from the virtual BOOK IT 2020 and 2021, as well as our our event sponsors and partners from our last in-person BOOK IT! in 2019. Your significant support has sustained ECBC’s programs through 2021 and midway into 20212 Without an in-person event yet again for BOOK IT2022, we are not soliciting sponsors again this year. We are deeply grateful for your significant support of our cause, and we hope to partner with some of you again for BOOK IT 2023!