Where: Jeffrey Trails Open Space and Middle School (Irvine, CA)
What: 5K/10K/ 1KFunRun and Community Book Drive
Please join us at Ethan & Choco’s Book Club’s (ECBC) 2nd annual charity run, BOOK IT! Racing for Reading for Hospitalized Kids. All proceeds will go to ECBC to support ongoing and upcoming book and reading programs at CHOC Children’s Hospital. Click HERE to view Ethan’s short video plug.
Click HERE to register online.
All participants will receive:
– a custom event t-shirt
– a custom finisher medal
– a chip timed by ItzAboutTime.com (5K and 10K only)
– All-you-can-eat pancake breakfast for $4 or a new book donation (made online or onsite)
– Book Character Costume Contest: Come dressed up as your favorite book character! Click here for details.
– Photo booth
– Bounce house
– Books available to purchase for donation
– Medals for top finishers in each age division
– Team competition: Join an existing team or create your own! Teams must have a minimum of 5 participants to be included in the team competition
To support BOOK IT 2019, you can:
- Help us spread the word by sharing the link to the race registration site (www.runsignup.com/runreadthrive) or by sharing our electronic BOOK IT! flyer (CLICK HERE).
- Donate online. Click HERE to donate online via the race registration site! $20 provides a new hardcover book for ECBC’s Lending Library, and $100 provides a Read+Think+Thrive Box for a new cancer diagnosis at CHOC Children’s.
- Be an event sponsor. Many sponsorship levels available. CLICK HERE to download and print the BOOK IT! sponsor form.
Please contact ECBC for more information about potential sponsorship opportunities.
Thank you to our event sponsors and partners, we are deeply grateful for your support of our cause. And a huge thank you to KOI CBD for stepping up to be BOOK IT 2019!’s Title Sponsor!