Please help us!
Below are links to ECBC’s various wish lists on Amazon, with specific books and supplies that we need for our programs. Please click on the colored text to access each wish list. All items purchased off these lists can be sent directly to Ethan & Choco’s Book Club. Or, they can be sent to the donor for book drives and personal delivery.
Thank you so much for supporting our efforts to bring books and reading to hospitalized kids!
- Primary Wish List: This is a comprehensive list of books needed for our programs. Specific titles can be searched for within the list.
- Ethan’s 2016 BOOK LOOK List: This is the Amazon wish list of the 366 titles that Ethan originally requested in his daily “book look videos” in 2016, the first year that we launched ECBC. We still need many copies of most of these titles. Click here to view the complete list of 366 titles with links to each Book Look review video. (Note that the Amazon list is partial as it is currently under construction)
- Special Needs Wish Lists: Below are lists of titles we need for specific programs, events, and gaps in our library collection.
- Board books – We are always in need of board book donations as we go through these really fast; they are in high demand.
- Favorite Picture Books (coming soon)
- Graphic novels – These books are so very popular — with boys, reluctant readers, and so many others, and we are always running out of them.
- Halloween Book Wish List – Halloween-themed books for all ages for our annual BOO-KS for Treats event at CHOC on Halloween.
- Holiday Book Wish List – Please help us collect December-themed holiday books for kids stuck in the hospital around the holidays!
- Nonfiction/Informational Books – We are always low on nonfiction books!
- Poetry – Short, fun, and enjoyed by all ages, poetry is a terrific option for read-alouds for hospitalized kids. Yet ECBC has almost zero poetry in both its Lending and Gifting libraries.
- Spanish-Language Books Wish List – A significant percentage of patients at CHOC speak Spanish and request Spanish-language books
- Teen/Young Adult Books – There are MANY patients at CHOC within the ages of 14-26, yet this is the age category for which we have the fewest titles.
- Wordless Picture Books – Stories told entirely through pictures (with no words), these are especially great for kids who can’t yet read and non-English speakers (though kids of all ages can enjoy . “reading” high-quality wordless picture books)!
- Ten Thrive Titles (TTT) List for Read+Think+Thrive Bags –Updated lists coming soon
- Read+Think+Thrive Art Supplies Wish List: Wish list of art and writing supplies that are part of our Read+Think+Thrive boxes for kids newly diagnosed with cancer.
- “Bookmarkers” Wishlist: This is 11th grader Max’s list of books that he reviews on his super well-written instagram account, “novelthoughts_bymax”. Max loves to read and talk about books, and his wish list provides some terrific titles that would be great for teens and young adults at the hospital.
- ECBC’s Virtual Storytimes Wishlist: Coming soon.