ECBC will not be hosting our annual in-person fundraising event again this year. Continued uncertainty regarding Covid-19 at the time that event decisions had to be made, along with significant upfront event costs, posed too great a risk for our tiny nonprofit. We are, however, conducting a virtual run and book drive — and WE NEED YOUR HELP MORE THAN EVER!
Please support BOOK IT 2022 by participating in our RUN 5 DONATE 5 NOMINATE 5 Challenge! It involves these 3 simple steps:
- RUN 5! Run, walk, cycle, or swim 5 miles, kilometers, or minutes.
- DONATE 5! Donate 5 of something that we need for our various book and reading programs at CHOC, such as 5 books, book bags, Kindles, or months of book cart re-stocking. Donate and select donation level at www.runsignup.com/BOOKIT2022.
- NOMINATE 5! After running 5 and donating 5, take a photo of yourself with a children’s book. Share it on social media, tag 5 people, and ask them to do these same 3 steps. Include the above link to the donation site and #BOOKIT2022 with your post.
Other ways you can help include:
- Help us spread the word by sharing the link to our donation site OR by sharing the digital file below — by text/email/social media or you can print hard copies.
- Create your own fundraising page on runsignup.com/BOOKIT2022. This will give you a unique URL to share to your community so that they donate directly to your page. This is especially great for groups, such as sports teams, philanthropic groups, or community businesses.
- Donate a book directly. Click HERE to access the BOOK IT 2021 Amazon Wish List.
Digital/printable BOOK IT 2022 flyer to share: https://ethanandchocosbookclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/BookIt_2022_DigitalFlyerV.3_Linked.pdf
THANK YOU for helping kids thrive through treatment with high-quality books and reading experiences!
SAVE THE DATE! SEPTEMBER 4 2023! THANK YOU for BOOKing IT with ECBC to support cognitive health and thrivership through books and reading at CHOC Children’s Hospital! BOOK IT! will return next year with our onsite walk/run events, community book drive, and literary costume contest. Mark your calendars!