Dec 16: MaxLove Be Super ECBC Launch Party for Hospital Patients
Where: CHOC Hospital, 2nd Floor by Turtle Talk
When: 2:00 – 4:00 PM
Come join us as we officially launch Ethan & Choco’s Book Club (ECBC) at CHOC! We will have free NEW book give-aways for patients and their siblings, book-themed crafting with MaxLove Project’s therapeutic arts program Camp Make & Believe, and storytimes by some fantastic read-alouders!
This event is open to SuperKids and SuperSibs receiving treatment in CHOC’s outpatient infusion center (OPI) and staying inpatient at CHOC on December 16, 2016. If inpatient, come down to the second floor lobby and party with us near Turtle Talk!
December 4: MaxLove Crafting Books for the Holidays and ECBC Book Drive
Where: SOCO and the OC Mix (3303 Hyland Avenue, Costa Mesa)
When: 11:00AM – 3:00PM
MaxLove Project is hosting a special holiday book craft as well as a book drive for Ethan & Choco’s Book Club (ECBC) at SOCO in partnership with Chuck Jones Center for Creativity. Once Upon a Storybook will also have a booth selling new books for holiday gifting and donation to ECBC.
Please come join us for a wonderful time with family and friends. And consider buying a book for the kids at CHOC while you are doing your holiday shopping! Our ECBC Launch Party at the hospital will be just a few weeks later (12/16), so many of these donations will go to the kiddos who are inpatient during this holiday season.
October 15: MaxLove Project’s Farm to Fork 2016 EVENT COMPLETED
Help support ECBC at MaxLove’s amazing dinner event at the top of Tanaka Farms on October 15, 2016. Click here to learn more about this amazing event and to buy tickets to attend. You can specifically support ECBC at this event by:
1. Purchasing a book basket to donate for the silent action (Email ECBC@maxloveproject.org)
2. Becoming an ECBC sponsor! Help us make significant strides in reaching our Phase 1 fundraising goal by sponsoring ECBC at the $7500! Click here to learn more. (Scroll down until you reach ECBC)
September 25: Orange County Children’s Book Festival EVENT COMPLETED
Ethan & Choco’s Book Club is so excited to share that we will be hosting a booth at the Orange County Children’s Book Festival at Orange Coast College on Sunday, September 25th 2016, from 9:30-4:30. This is ECBC’s first event outside Ethan’s elementary school and our first large public event, and we are super excited to raise more awareness about ECBC’s mission to build a library at CHOC Children’s Hospital in Orange County!
You can support ECBC at the Book Festival by:
- Visiting the ECBC booth, and encouraging your friends to come by too!
- Buying and wearing ECBC merchandise.
- Donating cash or new children’s books. One great way to donate new books is to purchase titles to donate from Once Upon a Storybook’s (an amazing local children’s bookstore) booth, which will be next to ECBC booth.
- Come support Ethan at Storyteller’s Stage at 10:50, where he will tell kids about his story and experience in the hospital, explain why he founded ECBC, and read aloud a picture book.
Click HERE to watch his one-minute promotion video.
Click HERE to visit the Children’s Book Festival website and learn more about this awesome FREE event for kids. There will be a ton of authors, illustrators, professional storytellers, and many fun family activities.