Here are some ways that you can help ECBC as we’re gearing up to get Phase 1 going in the hospital in early 2017:
- Donate money to support books and reading for hospitalized kids. Click HERE to contribute directly ECBC!!
- Donate books online: Purchase books from ECBC’s Mega Wish List (main wish list), which will then be directly sent to ECBC.
- Donate books for Ethan’s Read+Think+Thrive (RTT) Boxes : Click here to access the links to the Amazon Wish Lists for needed RTT book titles as well as additional wish lists for other program needs.
- Participate in BOOK IT! 2019 — ECBC’s 2nd annual charity run and book drive! Sunday, September 8th. Location and registration info coming soon.
- Organize a book drive and collect books to donate: Help your child coordinate a new book drive at their school (school book fairs and the Scholastic book club program are terrific ways to do this); as part of a group social action project* (e.g., Girl Scouts service project); in lieu of birthday gifts, or as an “admission ticket” to an event). All titles and all book formats for all ages (from board books to young adult novels) are needed and welcomed. We will be in constant need of books due to anticipated loss (which will be 100% for the Gifting Library and likely around 20-30% for the Lending Library).
- Involve your youth group in our RTT book box program. Email ECBC@maxloveproject to learn more.
- Volunteer! Fill out this form to let us know how you would like to get involved! (form coming soon)
- Help us spread the word! Follow Ethan and ECBC on Facebook or this blog to receive updates. Also, please help us spread the word by sharing this blog and the ECBC Facebook page!
* If you want to donate books but do not want to purchase off ECBC’s Amazon Wish List, you may have books sent directly to: Ethan & Choco’s Book Club, 11451 Plantero Drive, Santa Ana, CA 92705. Please remember that all book donations must be brand new.
**If you have a volunteer group that would like to get involved in a more ongoing basis, please contact us at ECBC@maxloveproject.org for information on how to get involved in our new Read+Think+Thrive Boxes project. More info will be online soon.