Here are some ways that you can help ECBC as we’re gearing up to get Phase 1 going in the hospital in early 2017:
- Donate money: Click here to access our fundraising page and donate or start a team to fundraise with us!!
- Donate books online: Purchase books from ECBC’s Amazon Wish List, which will then be directly sent to ECBC.
- Donate books in person: If you live locally (in Orange County), visit Once Upon a Storybook at Enderle Center in Tustin to donate books to our ECBC basket (while also supporting this wonderful children’s bookstore)! You will be asked to sign your name in our ECBC bookplate.
- Organize a book drive and collect books to donate: Help your child coordinate a new book drive at their school (the Scholastic book program is a terrific way to do this); as part of a group social action project* (e.g., Girl Scouts service project);or as an “admission ticket” to an event. Hardcover book titles will go towards the inpatient Lending Library that we are building; paperback book titles will go towards our inpatient Gifting Library, which is for kids who are in isolation and will not be able to borrow books via the Lending Library. All titles and all book formats for all ages (from board books to young adult novels) are needed and welcomed. We will be in constant need of books due to anticipated loss (which will be 100% for the Gifting Library and likely around 20-30% for the Lending Library)
- Help us spread the word! Follow Ethan and ECBC on Facebook or this blog to receive updates and view Ethan’s “Book Look” videos. Also, please help us spread the word by sharing this blog and the ECBC Facebook page!
* If you want to donate books but do not want to purchase off ECBC’s Amazon Wish List, you may have books sent directly to: Ethan & Choco’s Book Club, 11451 Plantero Drive, Santa Ana, CA 92705. Please remember that all book donations must be brand new.
**If you have a volunteer group that would like to get involved in a more ongoing basis, please contact us at ECBC@maxloveproject.org for information on how to get involved in our new Read+Think+Thrive Boxes project. More info will be online soon.