The schools below have partnered with ECBC to lead school-wide book-raising efforts to help us bring new, high-quality books to hospitalized kids at CHOC Children’s Hospital in Orange County. The schools with a red asteric are SUPER Thrive Partner Schools who have committed to annual/ongoing book-raising for ECBC.
- Arroyo Elementary School *
- Myford Elementary School
- Peters Canyon Elementary School
- Tarbut ‘V Torah Community Day School *
We hope that this starter list of Thrive Partner Schools will continue to grow. Our goal is to have at least 50 schools supporting ECBC annually, which would provide us with enough new books to support our annual Gifting Library needs (since most school book donations are largely paperback books). PLEASE join us, especially if you are an Orange County school! The two easiest ways to collect books for ECBC are two incorporate bookraising into these two already-existing school practices:
- Hold a new book drive for ECBC as part of your school’s book fair
- Invite parents to purchase books to donate to ECBC as part of your school’s Scholastic Book Club program. Click here to download a cover letter that can be attached to Scholastic Book Order forms.
Thank you to our Thrive Partner Schools, as well as many individual classrooms and teachers, who are working with us to make reading part of patients’ everyday care and lives at CHOC Children’s! We appreciate you so much!